Re: Announcing Stash

  • From: "InthaneElf" <inthaneelf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 12:27:15 -0700

ah, I see, hmmm, I was wanting a application that was a digital photo viewer that had an encryption ability in it, and this would bee good for that, eh?

thanks for the clarification,
inthane
proprietor, The Grab Bag,
for blind computer users and programmers
http://grabbag.alacorncomputer.com
Owner: Alacorn Computer Enterprises
"own the might and majesty of a Alacorn!"
www.alacorncomputer.com
Owner: Agemtree
"merchants in fine facetted and cabochon gemstones"
www.agemtree.com
operator: Fruit Basket Demo Sight, where you can find a similar project done in several programming languages, along with its source code, so you can decide what language is right for you

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jamal Mazrui" <empower@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2008 17:01:49 -0700
From: InthaneElf <inthaneelf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

ok Jamal,

sounds good for some folks, I have two questions though, one if you "stash" things, and your comp goes down, how does one unstash there backup files on the repaired/replaced computer? and my second note is why no GUI? I myself can't stand using command line stuff and avoid it at any chance I can, you
can't do completely without, not if your going to utilize all the
functionality of a computer, but when I can, I do, up to and including
paying for programs that have a free command line interface counterpart, or
searching until I can find a GUI one, even if it doesn't have some of the
functionality of its command line equivalent.

regards,