Re: A History of Variables

  • From: Andreas Stefik <stefika@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 10:41:41 -0500

Marlon,

Let me rephrase to make sure I understand your suggestions:

1. A way to search the history would be helpful.

2. Setup special keys to browse the history.

As for the first, I think that's doable. As for the second, that is too,
although we were concerned folks might already be overwhelmed with having to
remember so many hotkeys. Do you think we shouldn't worry about that so
much?

For example, maybe you go into the watch window in the debugger and we have
the following keys (tell me what you think)

1. Left, right, up, and down have their usual functions, browsing variables
and their children.

2. Control left or shift left (and corresponding right), changes to the
previous "history" of the variable

Is this sort of what you meant?

Stefik