Re: A History of Variables

  • From: "R. Haynie" <rhaynie@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 11:39:29 -0400

In-line comment below.

Andreas Stefik wrote:
> Do you think it would be better to have the history of variables
> available from within the watch window or from a separate window which
> you can get to easily? (Maybe by pressing enter on a row in the watch
> window)

Well does your debugger have a window that shows all of the current
variables that are in scope?  I know you mentioned the watch window, but
I assume that is only watching variables that you identify.
If there is a window that shows all variables in scope, then I would
suggest spawning from this window.
Alex had a great suggestion on the resulting user interface from a
keypress.  That interface could be called by pressing enter on the
variable in the list.
Of course this would work only for variables that are currently in
scope.  Are there situations where you would want to see variables that
no longer exist?
-Rodney