[program-l] Re: wierd request for nvda/jaws

  • From: Jad Wauthier <seeingclearlynow@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: program-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, travis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2022 10:58:57 -0600

Juan,

Do you need to do all of your development inside of the VS environment?  Could you interface with the functionality you need via a command line or some other medium?  For example, is there a way to execute queries via a script?  I'm only asking because you could potentially do editing in a different environment, do compiling via a command line, and run queries some other way.  This would allow you to set up your workflow in a way that only requires you to use a single screen reader.

Regards,
Jad Wauthier

On 1/13/2022 10:52 AM, travis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi,

All the keyboard shortcuts and the keyboard hooking end up conflicting. I just don’t’ see a feasible way to do it.

Your best bet honestly is to run one of the screen readers in a VM with an instance of Visual Studio. And have the project in a shared folder. But that’d require having two instances of Visual Studio open on the same project which might have it’s own problems.

-Travis