[program-l] Re: vb: shaky editor

  • From: "Will Pearson" <will-pearson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <program-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 01:16:51 +0100

Hi Che,

Have you downloaded and installed the DirectX software development kit, available from the Microsoft website? Visual studio only comes with the tools necessary to create some types of applications, mainly business applications. If you want to create other types of applications then you need to download what are called software development kits, or SDKs for short. These are pre-built components that you can use in your programs, and the Microsoft ones tend to be free. DirectX, of which DirectSound is a component, is one of these SDKs, you can download it from:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=3904B19A-02B9-447B-AB58-C12E2456E9BA&displaylang=en

Will
----- Original Message ----- From: "Che" <che@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>