[program-l] Re: vb: purchase advice for .net 2003

  • From: "David Lant" <david.lant1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <program-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 12:39:59 +0100

Hi Che,

The difference in price between the Standard and Pro editions is quite
significant.  So if you're mainly wanting to use it as a learning tool, and
then start to build comparatively uncomplicated applications, then I would
say the Standard edition is the right one.  You just have to bear in mind
that certain features of the higher editions are not available.  For
instance, I believe that you can't create library projects with the Standard
edition.  If you go to the Microsoft web site on .NET products, you should
find a series of web pages which give comparisons of the features between
the different editions available.

All the best,

David