[program-l] Re: dataBase Question

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <program-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 10:12:36 -0000

Hi Mick,

The answer is in the primary key of the secondary (Author's Books)
file. (Which hopefully is the same as the Author details table)  You
perhaps have two choices here.  Create a secondary key in this file
using perhaps the ISBN number, which in turn would make each record
unique.  Or, you could allow Access to create it's own key, which
would essentially end up being a sequential number.

You then need to create a Books sub-form to display books by a
selected author using the author file with a one to many relationship
to the Books table.

I could explain this a lot better if I had Access 2003 available to me
right now, but some idiot (me!) has Access 2007 on his system, and
somehow have completely lost the plot with that version.  I can get on
one later if needs be.

George.