[program-l] Re: Is there a small version of MySQL?

  • From: "Travis Roth" <travis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <program-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 08:19:26 -0600

MySQL doesn't have a GUI itself. It does ship with a command line client.

You can rite your own, GUI, or for a rather generic way to control its
databases you can try PHPMyAdmin with it, you'llneed a server environment to
run it.

Another lightweight database that uses a file to store the database and is
small and light is SQLite.

Interestingly, SQLite is also included in the later Python distributions.