[program-l] Re: Visual Basic .net: getting XMLWriter not to access the Internet

  • From: "Pranav Lal" <pranav.lal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <program-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 May 2011 06:24:40 +0530

Hi Soronel,

My reading thus far shows that the validationFlags should be set to none by
default. However, I think a better approach for me would be to specify the
validation I want. I am trying to use the XMLTextReaderSettings class. My
XML string is in a memoryStream. In this situation, I cannot see how to
initialize the XMLTextReader.
        Dim xmlrSettings As System.Xml.XmlReaderSettings
xmlrSettings = New System.Xml.XmlReaderSettings
        xmlrSettings.XmlResolver = Nothing

        Dim xmlr As XmlTextReader
        xmlr = XmlTextReader.Create(ms, xmlrSettings)

The problem is that xmlr is not being initialized here. I cannot find any
suitable constructer.

Pranav