[program-l] Visual Basic .net: getting XMLWriter not to access the Internet

  • From: "Pranav Lal" <pranav.lal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <program-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 May 2011 22:40:07 +0530

Hi all,

I have the following code in my application
        xmlr = New XmlTextReader(ms)
        xmlr.WhitespaceHandling = WhitespaceHandling.None
        XMLWR.Formatting = Formatting.Indented

        While xmlr.Read
            XMLWR.WriteNode(xmlr, False)
        End While
        Try
            xmlr.Close()
            XMLWR.Flush()
            XMLWR.Close()
        Catch lx As Exception
            MsgBox("Error in writing temporary xml. Quitting")
            My.Application.Log.WriteException(lx)
            quit()
        End Try
        XMLWR = Nothing
        xmlr = Nothing

When the code reaches the line            XMLWR.WriteNode(xmlr, False) it
accesses the Internet to lookup the XML schemas I presume. I do not want the
code to access the Internet since my user should be able to run the
application offline.

What do I do?
Pranav