[program-l] Re: Unique key generator needed for a web form.

  • From: "Homme, James" <james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "program-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <program-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2014 16:41:41 +0000

Hi,
This sounds like you would want to generate the keys from a database to me, not
the form. For example, store things in a relational database table and make the
primary key a sequential number, and let the records get their unique numbers
automatically as you add them to the database. If you do this, you won't even
need to use a form to fill in the sequential numbers. Two database candidates I
can think of right away are MySQL and SQLite. But that depends on how you want
to handle the data once you get it.

Thanks.

Jim

On 2014-06-04 06:27 AM, Jitendra wrote:
Hello friends, I want a solution, which should generate a sort of numbers, and
should be in a sequence, the number is to be used as the order number, and
should be of 4 digits long only for time being.
for example, on first order if it generates 5412, the next should be 5413 and
so on.
do you have any working template, and which way I should I go, the java scr or
a program.
please attach me in person if you have one, if the generated string is an
alphanumaric or more than 4 characters long, I don't mind it.
Thanks, Jitendra.

--- Disclaimer --- The information in this mail is confidential and is intended
solely for addressee. Access to this mail by anyone else is unauthorised.
Copying or further distribution beyond the original recipient may be unlawful.
Any opinion expressed in this mail is that of sender and does not necessarily
reflect that of State Bank group. ---

--

Kerneels Roos

Cell: +27 (0)79 696 6038

Tel: +27 (0)811 2108

LinkedIn: http://za.linkedin.com/in/kerneels

Skype: cornelis.roos

views of Highmark, its diversified business, or affiliates.