[program-l] Re: Slightly OT: Possible interview/appointment as trainer for sighted guys

  • From: "Jacob Kruger" <jacob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <program-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2012 17:55:48 +0200

More to do with that in the past have had various phone calls from like
personnel agencies, where we go through whole initial part of telephonic
interview process, and then when they ask if I can come see them physically,
and I tell them that will need to make a form of transport arrangement, they
then ask why I don't have a driver's licence/my own car - and I ask them to go
pay more attention to various parts of my CV that they literally have in front
of them, since it seems that some corporate types make use of what we call
selective vision/sight, and therefore ignore anything which they don't seem to
understand as being possible.

Another standard reaction when people ask me what I do for a living, and I then
tell them I am a computer programmer, is that they seem to initially think I
must be joking, and then I almost literally hear their jaws drop when they
realise I'm being honest...<smile>

And, yes, while this wouldn't be my dream job - think have mentioned in past
wish could run my own form of internet cafe, which would double/triple as
training centre and location for my own software development company - this
wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing if it could be made to happen, for now
anyway.

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker