[program-l] Re: Slightly OT: Possible interview/appointment as trainer for sighted guys

  • From: "Jacob Kruger" <jacob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <program-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2012 17:46:07 +0200

Makes sense, and, not really too seriously relevant in any sort of informal I.T. activity, but, suppose that's also part of it - in that my form of visual appearance is closer to cyber-punk, rather than revenge of the nerds...<smile>

As in, I have long hair, tattoo's, etc. etc., and while don't think that would be an issue if just working as part of a smallish development team, I also wonder how that type of thing would affect their assessment of me as a trainer - especially when in the past have specifically had slightly strange reactions to the fact that I both look like the biker that I am, but am also a full on blindie/100% VI, but anyway...<smile>

In other words, would need to impress them with my knowledge/experience, and approach to interaction, etc., but anyway - have been used to that most of my working life in any case.

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA