[program-l] Re: Reading/writing XML using VS6

  • From: "Tim Burgess" <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <program-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 15:52:43 -0000

Hi,

Thanks to everybody who's offered help.  The project involves cloning an
existing inaccessible application for controlling a piece of musical
equipment to create a freeware accessible version.  The existing software
reads and writes configuration files for the hardware and these files turn
out to be coded in XML (I opened a couple in Notepad just to see).  Some
aspects of the project are covered by an NDA, so I'm deliberately trying to
ask generic guidance questions.  The layout of the files I've looked at so
far   doesn't look complex, but I need to do some more reading of the unit's
programming manual and try to generate a worst-case file to inspect.  Since
there are a lot of configuration files available for this application, I'm
trying to maintain file compatibility with my new version so that sighted
and unsighted users can exchange configurations.

Best wishes.

Tim Burgess
Raised Bar Ltd
Phone:  +44 (0)1827 719822