[program-l] Re: Python, Passing a parameter as int instead of STR when using the CMD modual?

  • From: "R Dinger" <rrdinger@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <program-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2012 19:00:01 -0700

Hi Al,

I would have to experiment, but you may be able to convert the command tail
string to numbers in the parseline function or as Jim noted in precmd.  I'm
not sure how they would automaticly pass to your function though.

An alternative idea is to have a standard helper routine that your function
calls to convert its tail string in the function.  This could be keyed to
the function name and have a small footprint.  I can give you a short
example if you want.

In either case don't you have to convert to int or float or something else
depending on the parameter?

Richard