[program-l] Re: Python, Passing a parameter as int instead of STR when using the CMD modual?

  • From: Al Puzzuoli <alpuzz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: program-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2012 20:07:00 -0400

Thanks Jim,
Lots of useful info here.

Al

On 10/23/2012 6:29 PM, Jim wrote:
Hi Al,
I've been playing with the same module. I'm going by my memory right
now, so make sure you check me out. I think that you can override a
method called precmd and another clled postcmd. Yes. I'm right. Check
out this page. http://www.doughellmann.com/PyMOTW/cmd/index.html

Jim

On 10/23/12, Al Puzzuoli <alpuzz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I've begun playing with Python's CMD module, and I  now have a
functioning command line interface to my program. I was initially
perplexed though as I was seeing odd errors when executing many of my
methods. Long story short, I realized that this was due to the fact that
CMD passes parameters in as strings, and my functions expected ints.
It's really not a big deal, I can just convert to int within each
method, but it seems there should be a more elegant way to deal with this.

Thanks,

Al