[program-l] Re: Preventing JAWS 14 beta from changing the screen resolution and color scheme to Windows 7 Basic

  • From: Kerneels Roos <kerneels@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: program-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2012 08:57:28 +0200

Thanks Chris. Yes I can remember now hearing in the FS podcast RE JAWS 14 and Windoes 8 that for that type of info you only now get the window in focus - for info obtained from the OSM. I'll check that link out also. Since this is how it is going to work in Windows 8 can't they also make it available for Windows 7?

Cheers
On 2012/10/22 02:31 PM, Chris Mullins wrote:
The Jaws people are not going to use a mirror driver in Windows 8,
apparently Microsoft have written some sort of API to get to the OSM but it
doesn't give as much feedback as they currently get via the mirror driver.
It only provides feedback regarding the window in focus.  Below is a link to
a presentation done by Eric Damaray of Freedom Scientific in which he refers
to the situation.  Note it's a long link which sometimes breaks over 2 lines
and stops working, so you may need to copy and paste it and join the bits
together to make it work.

http://www.accessibleworld.org/sites/default/files/tt-10-15-12-eric-damery-j
aws-14.mp3

Cheers