[program-l] Re: PPT: Can I

  • From: "Pranav Lal" <pranav.lal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <program-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 22:53:12 +0530

Hi Jim,

What is your PowerPoint situation?  I use this program quite frequently and
can give you help at least with the basics.  Creating presentations is quite
easy however, much depends on the kind of template you have.  For example,
my employer has a template that has several text boxes.  If that is the
case, you need to navigate to individual text boxes and enter text.  The
simplest thing for you to do would be to have a sighted person create a
template and you populate that template.

The challenge you will have during presentations is playing videos.
Consider going for the automatic option or, you will need to find the
correct keystroke to play the video.  I believe it is the letter Q but
cannot be sure since it is a long time since I had to do this.  For that
matter, this is one place where your screen reader becomes important.  Jaws
for Windows can handle PowerPoint nicely however, for playing videos you may
have to switch to something like hal which is what I did since there was no
way that jaws would detect the link in slideshow mode.

Do you use Skype?  If so, I would be happy to speak with you and walk you
through the program.

Pranav