[program-l] Re: Jaws 13 and vs2010

  • From: "Andy B." <sonfire11@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: program-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2012 09:01:55 -0400

Hi.

As far as the VS2012 addon/jaws scripts go, I have to set aside the time to actually create one because none exists at the time. Many people think doing that is a waste of time because it should technically be the AT providers such as FS or GW's problem, and it should be left up to them to deal with it. In general, this is fine, but we are often times left in the dust because MS is coming out with a new version, and accessibility is just getting started on a version that you can't even buy on the market anymore,. For management studio, I don't know of anything that exists eiher. Let me know if you want me to set aside some time to look into the problem and see what I can come up with.

On 10/25/2012 02:09 AM, Kerneels Roos wrote:
Hi Andy. Do you perhaps have more information on where this add in for VS 2012 and the latest scripts can be obtained from?

While on the topic, is there something similar for SQL Server 2012 Management Studio?

Regards,
Kerneels

VS 2012 is ok with JAWS 13 and 14, but JAWS will need a vs addin to relay as much information about the environment as possible. Then, some JAWS scripts will be needed to grab the information Visual Studio is pushing to it. This way, maximum use of VS2012 and JAWS 13 and later can be gotten from the combo. Personally, I hate line numbers in source code, and turn it off every chance I can get. The errors list can jump you straight to an error regardless of the file it is in. This works only in a global window such as solution explorer, and works for the immediate file that is open, and has focus, if there is an open file.