[program-l] Re: JAWS remote access

  • From: "David Lant" <david.lant1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <program-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 19:29:16 +0100

Hi Brent,

I have reported this same issue with JAWS 11 remoting using Windows Remote
Desktop to both physical and virtual windows machines.  Earlier versions of
JAWS did not have this problem.

When I get to work I'll dig out the issue number and forward it along to
you.  You can then send a support request to Freedom Scientific mentioning
my issue number and suggesting that the problems may be linked.

In a way I'm relieved to hear you report this, as I was starting to think it
was something unique to me.  But get all the specs for the various machines
and remoting applications you're using as FS may suggest that JAWS 11
doesn't support this or that.  I was informed that they were really only in
a position to say JAWS 11 supported VMWare VSphere version 4 and later,
which we're not using yet.  But if you're using something that eliminates
this from the equation, informing them may help to narrow down the cause of
the problem.

All the best,

David

David Lant

Applications analyst

MCPD(rgb) MCTS(rgb)

MCPD Enterprise Application Development 3.5

MCTS ASP.NET 3.5, ADO.NET 3.5, Windows Communication Foundation 3.5, Windows
Applications 3.5