[program-l] DirectX, VB 6 and VBS 2008?

  • From: "Steve Spamer" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <program-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Mar 2009 14:15:10 -0000

Hi list.  I'm continueing down my path of learning VB and I'm finding things
not too bad doing the exercises in the book.  As I want to eventually program
audio games, I came across a tutorial to set up directX and to run through a
very basic example of creating and playing a sound with parameters.  The
problem is that this was written in VB 6 and I'm using VBS 2008.  My question
is, is there enough of a difference in these 2 IDE's and the code to make it
difficult to follow and run this tutorials code?  I've opened the source code
to a game there: BTW it's on the BSC games site, and looking through it, after
upgrading it through the wizard in VBS 2008, it's quite a bit different from
the code in the tutorial!  Is the approach in making audio like this in VBS
2008 totally different to previous versions?  Sorry if this has been a basic no
brainer question, but I'm trying to figure out at what level and from where I
can gain the correct information to achieve what I want to achieve using VBS
2008.  Many thanks Steve.

Visit my site for everything from gifts, ringtones, screensavers, automatically
updating RSS news stories and quiz's to conspiracy theories, music, videos,the
charts from 1956-2008 and amazing facts + so much more!

Contact me:
Skype: steve-chase
MSN: stevesax68@xxxxxxxxxxx
E-Mail: steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx