[program-java] Eclipse: Adding Jars was RE: Re: ANT and eclipse

  • From: "Corbett, James" <James.Corbett@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'program-java@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <program-java@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 10:51:52 -0500

Pranav:

There are a number of ways to do this.... If the libraries are project specific
you could create a new folder at the same level that src exists. In that folder
you would add that particular jar or group of jars.

Next:

I. Right click the project in the Project Explorer.... Note you must expand the
project tree before the correct menu options appear.

II. From the list, locate the "Java Build Path" option.

III. Tab Several times until you locate the "Library" tab.

IV. Tab several more times until you locate the button to "Add External Jars".

V. A "File Dialogue" will appear and its just a matter of selecting the files
you need.

VI. Select Add and you will next be placed back on the "Library" tab.

VII. Select the "OK" button and that should be it.

There is a command button for adding Libraries but I've never had to use this.
I'm intentionally vague on the number of tabs and what not due to the different
versions used. I'm using 3.3 because that's the version my agency has certified.

Jim

James M. Corbett

Programmer / Analyst |
Canada Revenue Agency | Agence du revenue du Canada
875 Heron Rd.
Ottawa, On.
K1A0L5

James.Corbett@xxxxxxxxxxxxx