[program-java] Command prompt updated

  • From: "Roger Woolgrove" <rawoolgrove@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "JavaProgramming" <program-java@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 15:35:16 -0000

Hi Jim and all,

Thanks for all the input with this.

It seems that there maybe a problem with the link to the Command Prompt
supplied by the Open University.

So all that assistance may have been the right thing to do but was all relative
and pointless as the problem goes somewhat deeper.

So onwards:

Could anyone please give me a step-by-step list of instructions on how to run a
java class after compilation inside the editor.

As I understand it,

I need to open the command prompt, no idea how this is done
enter the address of the compiled class which has been saved as  name.java and
is opened at the end of the address with javac name.java
Then I need to re-write the address only now pointing at
name.Class which the previous step would create
This will open the class within the command prompt and that should be lovely.

Many thanks

Roger