[program-java] Re: Eclipse: Adding Jars was RE: Re: ANT and eclipse

  • From: "Corbett, James" <James.Corbett@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'program-java@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <program-java@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 12:19:31 -0500

1. Eclipse does not clear errors after every build. I have had to manually
delete the entries in the tree view. I don't know whether the tree view is a
part of a view or a perspective. I took my jaws cursor to the bottom of the
screen and found tabs called problems and errors.

JC: Ya I have had similar issues but if you save the project after each fix it
should clear the issue.

2. I had added the libraries to eclipse via its preferences dialogue. It seems
that  I have to add them for every project which is strange.

JC: That's just the way it is.... We are playing in an entirely new game and
the Microsoft way has gone.

3. I guess I am still thinking of eclipse in visual studio terms.

4. I have to create a package and a new class. I see no way of importing a
source file into a project. I can impor t another project but that is not what
I want to do. So, I created a class by handin eclipse and copy pasted the code
from the demo application.

JC: Ya that's one way but another way is to copy the file into the particular
folder through Windows Explorer. Once the file is in place then switch back to
the IDE. Close the package in the Project Explorer and press F5 to refresh.
Bingo the file is there as part of the project. I should have mentioned that
but it slipped me mind.

The good thing, I was able to add multiple jar files from the external jar
selection dialogue.
Welcome to Eclipse.

Jimmy