[procps] Re: shared memory in 'free'

  • From: Jaromir Capik <jcapik@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: procps@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2013 07:41:57 -0400 (EDT)

> > Hello everyone.
> >
> > I'd like to know your opinion about the attached modification
> > of the 'free' tool I made few minutes ago.
>
> Hello,

Hello Adrian.

> First I have to say, that it is'nt a good feeling when you see someone
> else signature on own work.
>
> Please consider this:
>
> https://gitorious.org/procps/procps/merge_requests/17
>
> I also send this patch to "original" procps project, but I realized that
> is dead, and try to merge it here.

Here we go again :(
I'm terribly sorry. A similar thing happened in the past
and I had a pretty bad feeling those days. Please, trust
me, the last weeks were pretty busy for me and I had no time
to go through the merge requests. I really didn't know about
that one of yours.

As I don't want to discourage our contributors, I'd like
to give you the credits, since you submitted the merge
request two weeks before I even started discussing the
issue with Rodrigo, but I have no idea, if any suitable
way, how to do that, exists.

Guys, what do you think?

I don't wanna feel like a crook each time a similar
thing happens.

> --
> Adrian BrzeziDski

Regards,
Jaromir.

--
Jaromir Capik
Red Hat Czech, s.r.o.

Email: jcapik@xxxxxxxxxx
Web: www.cz.redhat.com
Red Hat Czech s.r.o., Purkynova 99/71, 612 45, Brno, Czech Republic
IC: 27690016