[pradjs] Re: PRA Bangaroo benefit show this August!!!!

  • From: jeffrey ross <toomanyofme@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Graham Barry <lepue22@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 20:37:34 +0000

Graham

First off- quite a coup for getting this date scheduled. Good job.

I can help at the door- I am honest and I passed fourth grade math, so addition
subtraction, no problem.
If need be I will take a mail order junior g-men class to assit in the
identification of counterfeit money.

That being said, I would also like to be a part of the entertainment-are
deejays going to playing records between bands?

See ya Saturday-

Jeff Ross (Noah Fence)

Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 09:48:22 -0700
From: lepue22@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [pradjs] PRA Bangaroo benefit show this August!!!!
To: pradjs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

hey, Mister/Missus DJ -

I'm sending out a short update/plea to all of you about the upcoming Bangaroo
benefit for PRA.  I know i ramble, but please read this message out... So, it's
gonna be on Saturday, August 28 at the Plan B bar.  If you've been at PRA for a
while, you might remember these events from the past and you'll know that
they're a real blast - it's an afternoon/night of fun and bands, with the music
happening outside during the daytime.

The booking guy at the Plan B is being super nice and helpful and he's taking a
bit of a leap o' faith with this, because he's not sure we're going to be able
to get that many people to come.  Please, please, please help me prove him
wrong.  If the bar ends up losing money on this, we can probably kiss goodbye
and future benefit shows there, and they've been real generous and supportive
in the past.  So, here are the three things I'm asking of yous peoples:

1) Come to the show!!!! The last benefit had a depressingly low DJ turnout.
Like, probably about 5 DJ's. These are local bands who playing that gig pretty
often in town, so it's crucial that we get our DJ's showing up and more
importantly, bringing your friends with you!  We're a community, so let's bring
out that community support...

2) We really need to try to get a band to play that's gonna bring in some
people.  Like i said, some of these bands play here every month.  If you've got
a lead on a local band that'd be willing to play that you think could bring in
at least 50 people alone, please get in touch with me.  We got plenty of
smaller bands lining up to play, but we really need at least one band to really
draw a crowd.  Know someone in Quasi? Or the Pierced Arrows? Or ______??? Get
in touch with me soon!

3) We'll need help with people taking money, helping with the table, raffles,
etc.  If you can lend a hand with stuff, let me know.  I know it's a few months
away, but i'd like to get a list going of people we can count on for help.

Did you read this far?  You didn't read this far.  You did?  Awww, thanks!

So, in closing, this benefit will be big if we try to make it big!  If we can
get about 200+ people in the door, that would mean a lot of moolah for the
station, which could mean speakers that actually work, a better computer and so
on and so on...

Thanks for your help 'n support, doods and doodlettes!!!

-Graham

inbox.