[powerdot] \onslide control in \twocolumn

  • From: Marvin <delphet@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: powerdot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2006 12:18:53 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

Can anybody be kind to give me some hint in this problem? I tried to adjust the
order of items in the two columns in a way that the picture in the right column
shows up from the first slide and items in the left column appear one by one.
The lyx-converted LaTeX code is llisted below. However, in the generated file
the picture shows up after all items in the left column are displayed. It seems
to me that \onslide has no effect at all in this case. Does any body have any
suggestion? Thanks in advance.

%% LyX 1.4.1 created this file.  For more info, see http://www.lyx.org/.
%% Do not edit unless you really know what you are doing.
\documentclass[size=12pt,letterpaper,landscape,english,mode=present,
style=sailor, display=slides, paper=screen]{powerdot}
\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
\usepackage[latin1]{inputenc}
\usepackage{amsmath}
\usepackage{graphicx}
\usepackage{amssymb}

\makeatletter
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% User specified LaTeX commands.

\usepackage{amsmath}
\usepackage{pst-node}
\usepackage{listings}
\usepackage[percent]{overpic}
\usepackage{pstricks}
\usepackage{infix-RPN}
\usepackage{pst-plot}
\usepackage{pst-node}
\usepackage{pst-tree}
\usepackage{algorithm}
\usepackage{algpseudocode}
\usepackage{multirow}
\usepackage{verbatim}
\usepackage{xkeyval}
\usepackage{hyperref}

\pdsetup{%
  randomdots,
  dprop={dotstyle=ocircle,linewidth=.25pt},
  dmindots=5,dmaxdots=5,
  dminsize=600pt,dmaxsize=700pt,
  dbright=50,
  lf= left footer,
  rf= right footer
}

\hypersetup{backref,colorlinks=true}

\usepackage{babel}
\makeatother
\begin{document}

\lyxend

\lyxwideslide[trans=Blinds]{Operating Systems (1)}

\twocolumn[lcolwidth=.5\linewidth,rcolwidth=.5\linewidth]
{
\begin{itemize}
  \item CPU is controlled by \textbf{software} - instructions that tell it
what to do \pause
  \item System software: takes care of behind-the scenes details \pause

\begin{itemize}
  \item Includes the operating system (OS): the operating system determines
what your screen display looks like as you work and how you tell the
computer what you want it to do \pause
\end{itemize}
  \item Most PCs today use some version of the Microsoft Windows operating
system \pause
\end{itemize}
}{
\onslide{1-} {
\begin{center}
    \includegraphics[clip,scale=0.12]{WinXP}
\end{center}
}
}

\lyxend{}