[powerdot] Re: Loss of itemize control?

  • From: Luis Sequeira <lfsequeira@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: powerdot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 07:44:55 +0100

On Oct 11, 2011, at 6:56 AM, Brandon Kuczenski wrote:

> I am trying to figure out what has changed about my system after a recent
> major upgrade that has stopped my slideshows from building.  It seems there
> has been a change to the management of the key=value parser.
>
> ====

> Because the new xkeyval is not compatible with enumitem, I infer that
> Powerdot's dependency on both xkeyval and enumitem has forced powerdot.cls to
> re-implement key-value parsing for list environments, with unfortunate
> consequences.
>
> Is there a work around? or do I simply have to revise ALL my old slideshows?
>
> -Brandon

I have tried your exhibit B on my machine, with TeXLive 2010, and it worked
perfectly.
I then installed TeXLive 2011 and it again worked perfectly. My guess is that
something on your system is interfering. Maybe you have an old version of some
package in your personal tex tree that is being used. Take a look at your log
file; it should show you the versions of each package that are being used to
typeset your document.

For instance, for enumitem, mine says:

(/usr/local/texlive/2011/texmf-dist/tex/latex/enumitem/enumitem.sty
Package: enumitem 2009/05/18 v2.2 Customized lists
\enit@toks=\toks24
\labelindent=\skip48
\enit@outerparindent=\dimen138
\enitdp@desc=\count130
)

and for xkeyval:

(/usr/local/texlive/2011/texmf-dist/tex/latex/xkeyval/xkeyval.sty
Package: xkeyval 2008/08/13 v2.6a package option processing (HA)

(/usr/local/texlive/2011/texmf-dist/tex/generic/xkeyval/xkeyval.tex
\XKV@toks=\toks15
\XKV@tempa@toks=\toks16
\XKV@depth=\count86
File: xkeyval.tex 2008/08/13 v2.6a key=value parser (HA)

HTH

Luis Sequeira