[powerdot] Re: Loss of itemize control?

  • From: Brandon Kuczenski <brandon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: powerdot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 00:02:16 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 11 Oct 2011, Herbert Voss wrote:

Am 11.10.2011 07:56, schrieb Brandon Kuczenski:
I am trying to figure out what has changed about my system after a
recent major upgrade that has stopped my slideshows from building. It
seems there has been a change to the management of the key=value parser.

The end result is that I can no longer pass contingent arguments to
itemize environments.. i.e. Exhibit A compiles:

[...]

But Exhibit B does not:
====
\documentclass{powerdot}

\begin{document}
\begin{slide}{Test slide}
\begin{itemize}[topsep=5pt]
\item This example does not compile, saying `topsep' is not a defined key.
\end{itemize}
\end{slide}
\end{document}
====

Because the new xkeyval is not compatible with enumitem, I infer that
Powerdot's dependency on both xkeyval and enumitem has forced
powerdot.cls to re-implement key-value parsing for list environments,
with unfortunate consequences.

Is there a work around? or do I simply have to revise ALL my old
slideshows?

see documentation: with the new enumitem you have to use

\begin{itemize}[][topsep=5pt]

Herbert-- Indeed, thank you.

Luis-- I can't say that's never happened to me,  but not this time!  :-)

Next time I'm in a pub I will raise a glass to the indispensibility of mailing lists.