[powerdot] Loss of itemize control?

  • From: Brandon Kuczenski <brandon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: powerdot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 22:56:49 -0700 (PDT)

I am trying to figure out what has changed about my system after a recent major upgrade that has stopped my slideshows from building. It seems there has been a change to the management of the key=value parser.

The end result is that I can no longer pass contingent arguments to itemize environments.. i.e. Exhibit A compiles:
====
\documentclass{powerdot}
\pdsetup{itemize={topsep=5pt}}

\begin{document}
\begin{slide}{Test slide}
\begin{itemize}
\item This example compiles.
\end{itemize}
\end{slide}
\end{document}
=====

But Exhibit B does not:
====
\documentclass{powerdot}

\begin{document}
\begin{slide}{Test slide}
\begin{itemize}[topsep=5pt]
\item This example does not compile, saying `topsep' is not a defined key.
\end{itemize}
\end{slide}
\end{document}
====

Because the new xkeyval is not compatible with enumitem, I infer that Powerdot's dependency on both xkeyval and enumitem has forced powerdot.cls to re-implement key-value parsing for list environments, with unfortunate consequences.

Is there a work around? or do I simply have to revise ALL my old slideshows?

-Brandon