[pedevel] Re: jam 2.5rc3 and a feature request

  • From: "Joachim Seemer" <j.seemer@xxxxxx>
  • To: pedevel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 12:18:06 +0100 CET

Also, sprach BiPolar (Mon, 22 Mar 2004 05:26:35 -0300 ART):

> Joachim Seemer wrote:
> > That reall does the trick. A cosmetical change: Shouldn't the
> > wrapping-
> > icon be activated now by default? It still shows the unwrapped
> > status.

> If you look closely, when the "central" softwrap is enabled, Pe uses
> a different icon there.
> In case you still hasn't noticed: the vertical line changes its color
> from pure red to a quite
> dark red.

Hm. You're right. In my defense, I'm sitting in front of a 10" panel at
1024x768x16... :)
Anyway, does this extra icon really make sense? For one, even so the
softwrapping is activated, the icon still suggests "no wrapping" as the
lines aren't wrapped at that, now dark red, line.
I don't see the sense in an extra icon state when "central softwrap" is
enabled. Either the text wraps or it doesn't; no matter if the wrapping
is done by default from the preferences or by clicking the softwrap-
icon.

cu
J.Seemer