[pedevel] Re: jam 2.5rc3 and a feature request

  • From: Oliver Tappe <pedevel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pedevel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 18:34:18 +0100

On 2004-03-21 at 18:12:54 [+0100], Joachim Seemer wrote:
> Now that the transition to a jam based build system is complete, I wonder
> where I could find a jam 2.5rc3 binary since that is supposed to work
> best. All I can find is jam 2.4. Has anyone a URL or would be so kind to
> mail 2.5rc3 to me?

Quoting Ingo Weinhold:

        An executable of a slightly modified version (as it lives in the
        OpenBeOS repository) can be found here:
        http://tfs.cs.tu-berlin.de/~bonefish/download/jam/jam-2.5-obos.zip

> Then I've got a small feature request: what do you guys think of
> remembering softwrap status between sessions? In 90% of all cases,
> turning on word wrapping is the first thing I do after starting Pe...

But softwrapping-status *is* remembered between sessions, isn't it? After
you open a file and have activated soft-wrapping, just save this file and
it will be soft-wrapped on re-open.
Then again, maybe you were looking for a central pref-setting where you can
make Pe use soft-wrapping as default? If so, just open the prefs-windows,
go to 'Wrapping' and select the soft-wrapping mode you desire. Does that
solve the problem?

cheers,
        Oliver