[pedevel] Re: Pe project files

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pedevel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 22:50:35 +0200 CEST

Oliver Tappe <pedevel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> by popular demand...
>
> it's now possible, by pressing the rightmost button (a new one, *gasp
> get back to the hierarchical view if you are editing a project file
> as text.

Nice, although I have around 3 complaints:
1) if Pe can't parse the Jamfile, the window jumps to the project few
for a fraction of a second and back - that could certainly be done
nicer
2) if I have local changes and press the "Edit as project" button, it
asks me if I really want to "close" the window - of course, that was
not my intention when pressing that button
3) it accepts "# <pe-src>", but does not accept "#<pe-src>" (missing
space after comment identifier), dunno if that's intended

Also, in the standard editing window, "Alternate Font" seems to be
always on, if the two fonts are identical - but when I actually set a
different alternate font, it's using the standard font all of a sudden.
Maybe that option should be hidden if the alternate font is the same
one as the main font.

> Apart from that, Pe now saves two states for project windows, one for
> the
> hierarchical view and one for the "normal" view, and these states are
> now
> saved whenever a window is closed, not only when you save the data.

Great, thanks!
Now it could also switch to the standard size in case there is no state
yet (right now, it just seems to keep the small window size).

> Axel, can you feel the sudden urge to try Pe just that one more time?
> >;o)

I've no idea what you're talking about :-))

But now that I did, I even have one other thing (again, GUI related):
is there any particular reason that the buttons are in an extra frame
that's large enough for at least one other button? I think it would
look much better if that frame would span over the whole width of the
window, unless this space is thought for something else that I am not
aware of.

Bye,
   Axel.