[pedevel] Re: Pe project files

  • From: "Andrew Bachmann" <andrewbachmann@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pedevel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 19:19:37 -0700 (PDT)

"Axel DÃrfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> All in all, I don't like Pe's menus at all, they aren't ordered that
> nicely in my opinion. <snip> Pe definitely shows
> too many useless options for me (some at least are useful when doing
> HTML, but why are they always shown and spread all over the menu?).

Pe's heritage is as an HTML editor, so there is a lot of HTML-specific
support, including an HTML palette that used to come up by default.
I disabled that since I thought Pe had (and should) become a more
generic editor.  There's still a lot of work left in that area though.

> I also wonder why undo/redo got "Y" as shortcut, and not "Z" as in
> almost every other application I know.
>
> Bye,
>    Axel.

Mine says "alt-Z" for undo and "shift-alt-Z" for redo.  It could be that
I changed the keybindings from the default.

Andrew