Re: [PCWorks] Windows Media player

  • From: "Clint Hamilton-PCWorks Admin" <PCWorks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2008 01:52:05 -0500

I thought that was a neat site, so I sent it to others.  This
is what I wrote:

-----------------
http://wwitv.com/portal.htm
You can watch TV stations from all over the world there.  If
you want to watch something on USA LA channels, click the
"USA (loc. ID-MA) 94", then on the next page scroll to
"Louisiana" and you can watch TV broadcasts from several
stations from New Orleans, Shreveport, Lafayette, Alexandria
and Opelousas.  If the station has a speed next to it, WMP
will open and play the streaming broadcast.  If it has
"Website" next to it (popup blocker will block it), that will
go to their website where you can watch their live station
broadcast, which is Flash and not a resizable player.
---------------

So in your case you would click "273k" and WMP opens up.   But
for me, I never saw anything, video never loaded.  It just says
"Opening......." and then "Failed to render the file".  Typical
for WMP.  It can't render jack.  But WJBK worked for me.  I
don't know if it's something wrong with WXYZ, or their
streaming file type.  I allowed the popup so their website
would load and I see a feed at their website, but it doesn't
say if it's live or something taped.  So you could just go to
their site and see it there, IF that's a live feed.
http://www.wxyz.com/  But you can't resize the player because
it's that embedded garbage.
-Clint

God Bless