Re: [PCWorks] Vertical lines or bars suddenly appear only on the ATI AIW TV tuner and MMC, comes and goes.

  • From: "Clint Hamilton-PCWorks Admin" <PCWorks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 10:28:54 -0500

I posted the image on Ben's reply, with "Image uploaded" as
part of the subject:

"BTW, I went ahead and uploaded an image from the TV.
http://www.orpheuscomputing.com/images/AIWproblem.png
In the image I was watching Fox News, you can see their banner
at the bottom.  Then I changed the channel and a commercial was
on, that's the guy in the hard hat.  As you can see, the "ghost
image" of the previous Fox News channel remains, and of course
you can see the pattern of vertical lines.  If I were to
continue to change the channel after that, the Fox News banner
at the bottom WOULD REMAIN on all other channels!"

Yes, my monitor is LCD.  But I don't think you understand how
these work exactly.  The monitor has nothing to do with this,
the TV tuner is displayed in a (resizable or full screen if
desired) window using the MMC (Multimedia Center) interface.
You'll see that in the screenshot.  That was the actual size of
the screenshot of the image.  (You can click an icon on the
controls to capture a still frame and that's how you get the
image).  You can see there is no slant of the vertical lines,
but there is a diagonal sort of "additional artifacting"
pattern from upper left to lower right you can see in the
image.
-Clint

God Bless
Clint Hamilton, Owner