Re: [PCWorks] Keyboard Questions

  • From: "Clint Hamilton-PCWorks Admin" <PCWorks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "PCWorks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <pcworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 01:22:45 -0500

Tom I've been wondering why you haven't replied, then I just
realized that I stopped receiving PCworks posts!  Something is
obviously wrong with my email on this domain.  I checked the
archives and found this post (and another) of yours.

So if you cousin sent me anything, I didn't receive it.  Get
them to use that other email address of mine I gave you a
couple of years back.

I always prefer PS/2 devices too, I hate USB mice and keyboard,
they cause problems.  It's a pain to get them to work in DOS,
and in safe mode, plus more drivers and resources are needed
for them.  There's not a single plus to using them.  This is
yet another area where I say "what the hell were they
thinking".

I'll reply to your other post I found next.
-Clint

God Bless,
Clint Hamilton, Owner
www.OrpheusComputing.com
www.ComputersCustomBuilt.com
www.OrpheusComputing.com/cheap_reliable_web_hosting.html
www.OrpheusComputing.com/PCworks-computer-help-email-list.html

Hi Clint,

I think my cousin will be coming to visit tomorrow and I'll
have her look at my favorite keyboard (one that no longer
works) and get the brand and model number from it and send it
to you.  It's around twelve years old.  I thought it is a
Belkin but either I'm wrong or Belkin doesn't make keyboards
anymore.  I couldn't find keyboards on the Belkin website.

This six dollar one I just purchased, originally fourteen
dollars, isn't too bad but I do miss the right side Windows
key.  Several keyboard commands use the Windows key in
combination with other keys and if I have to use the left
Windows key along with a key that also requires a key used by
my left hand, well, you can see the awkwardness of that.  The
begin, end, page up and page down keys are positioned
differently than all other keyboards I've used but I can get
used to that.  I might buy another one just to have a spare.

It does have to be PS2 and not wireless.  I know, I'm just an
old curmudgeon!

Thanks,

Tom

** Message Separater **