Re: [PCWorks] Abbyy FineReader

  • From: Peter Kaulback <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pcworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 02 Nov 2008 17:17:12 -0500

AABBY is a fine program to have on the computer whenever you need to
scan in a letter. Works great when you want to fax a document too, OCR
is so much better than an image. So yes you can edit the OCR scan
whereas trying to edit an image scan is so frustrating.

I've had to rely on OCR when scanning a 400+ page thesis for a web
client once. It was so much easier than typing it all in!

You can see how your version compares to current versions here:
http://tinyurl.com/aoq5q

Peter Kaulback