-=PCTechTalk=- problems

  • From: David F Wooledge <wooledge001@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 23:34:21 -0500

Les,
about your problem three... how close is the mic to your speakers?  I
find when mine is real close to the speakers I get a hum too.  It seems
to be feedback, but not too bad like a squeal if there would be a lot of
feedback.  Problem one.. Are you trying to leave the dial-up connection
on (connected) while the computer is in Standby Mode (sleep)?  Your ISP
may be trying to disconnect as there is no traffic and if the computer is
in Standby I would guess the connection software isn't able to what it
needs to  when given a disconnect signal.  Not sure about the middle
problem.  Someone else here should be ale to shed some light if they
haven't already.  I get the digest of this list so I am sometimes behind
on the answers.
Dave
www.geocities.com/wooledge001_/     www.mental-health-advocate.us
wooledge001@xxxxxxxx                       wooledge001_@xxxxxxxxxxx

dwooledge@xxxxxxxx
AOL dfwooledge    ICQ 59686911
------------------------------

From: "Les" <yellowsn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: -=PCTechTalk=- problems
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 18:34:12 -0600

Hello...I was refered to you folks by a friend from earthlink technical
help who says your THE BEST !
I have a HP pavilion laptop N5340 with ME using dial-up.  After a long
period of time being hooked up and not actively using the PC (sleeping)
the modem connection seems to disconnect but it actually locks up.  Thats
prob #1.

When I do an alt+ctrl+del the top one in the list is msn messenger.  But
doing the 2nd ctrl+alt+del doesnt restart the pc...it turns it off.  And
when re- starting, it acts like it was shut down improperly and will go
to the page asking to start up in safe mode...when selecting the normal
boot, it goes trough the scan disk.  How can I resolve it not recognizing
that I was re-booting correctly?

3rd problem is with using my mic, the other party (and I have heard it in
audio wizard for MSN)  is that I have a hum in there with me.

Any and all help is appreciated.

Les