-=PCTechTalk=- problems

  • From: "Les" <yellowsn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <PCTechTalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 18:34:12 -0600

Hello...I was refered to you folks by a friend from earthlink technical help
who says your THE BEST !
I have a HP pavilion laptop N5340 with ME using dial-up.  After a long period
of time being hooked up and not actively using the PC (sleeping) the modem
connection seems to disconnect but it actually locks up.  Thats prob #1.

When I do an alt+ctrl+del the top one in the list is msn messenger.  But doing
the 2nd ctrl+alt+del doesnt restart the pc...it turns it off.  And when re-
starting, it acts like it was shut down improperly and will go to the page
asking to start up in safe mode...when selecting the normal boot, it goes
trough the scan disk.  How can I resolve it not recognizing that I was
re-booting correctly?

3rd problem is with using my mic, the other party (and I have heard it in audio
wizard for MSN)  is that I have a hum in there with me.

Any and all help is appreciated.

Les