-=PCTechTalk=- getting disconnected on dial up connection

  • From: HandsomeBlck@xxxxxxx
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 17:59:36 EDT

In a message dated 6/5/2005 6:26:23 PM Pacific Daylight Time, alienkc@xxxxxxx
writes:
> sounds like you might have the disconnect after sending receiving mail
> go to tools
> options
> and then the connection tab
> make sure the appropriate box is checked or unchecked

Guys,
     This is one of the reasons why I truly enjoy this list.  Some time ago,
something happened, that when I opened OE, my DSL modem would turn off after
receiving email.  I emailed the SBC DSL help folks, and must have mentioned
that I have AOL.  Their reply was the problem must be on AOL's side.
     Jeezy Peete, I just unchecked the box that alienkc recommended, and
poof... problem is gone!

Many thanks!!

HB