-=PCTechTalk=- What does Dual DVI connectors on a graphic card do?

  • From: "David T.W. Chun" <dtwchun@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: PCTECHTALK list <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2005 10:57:33 -0400

Hi!

A friend is looking at the ABIT RX800 XL-256EDVIO video card and he was
confused about one of the specifications.  "Does dual DVI connectors on
a graphic card mean it will support 2 monitors with seperate images?"  I
guess I'm interested in this also because eventually I plan to
upgrade/rebuild my home/office computer to use 2 or 3 monitors so I can
work on and transfer data between different applications.  Any
clarification would be appreciated.

David
--
David T.W. Chun, Ph.D.
Microbiologist

USDA, ARS                                      864 656-2488 ext. 227
Cotton Quality Research Station          FAX 864 656-1311
P.O. Box 792                        usdaars@xxxxxxxxxxx
Clemson, SC 29633                dtwchun@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                           mailto:dtwchun@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx