-=PCTechTalk=- Re: What does Dual DVI connectors on a graphic card do?

  • From: "Bluebelle" <bluebelle1st@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2005 12:40:15 -0400

It will support 2 TFT/LCD/flat panel monitors with DVI connections.  There
should be one adapter included to hook up a CRT monitor to one of the DVI
connectors for use until you purchase a second DVI monitor. I suppose you
could buy another adapter if you wanted to run 2 CRT monitors for awhile.
Check the info about what is supplied with the card.
The second screen is just an extension of your first screen. You can shift a
window from one screen to the other screen with your mouse. So you can have
one program running in full view in one screen and another program in full
view in the other screen or partway or as many windows as you can fit in the
two screens open. <G>
Windows xP supports multiple screens.
Just my opinion but I prefer Dell's Ultra Sharp LCD flat monitors.
Here is some info about DIV and analog, etc.

http://www.pacificcable.com/DVI_Tutorial.htm

Bluebelle