-=PCTechTalk=- Slipstreaming and cloning: Portable launchers

  • From: "Don101" <don101@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 12:28:05 -0400

The host had 1.5GB of RAM so if it was lack of resources it was not
memory or hard drive space.

The malware scanners may be he culprit as both the host and guest were
configured for real time scanning.  Though nothing was up or
downloading and no email processing most of the time.  I did try
changing the video settings to a less demanding level but that was no
help.  A later session the guest was still slow but not as bad as
before.  I suspect that the generic drivers and/or emulators that the
guest uses may not have been fully operational at the time though I
have no reason to suspect that except the slow operation did exist and
now is more or less gone.

Been to portablefreeware before and will go again.  Thanks for the
link.

The extension really makes the launcher more useful and easy to use.
I would not use the launcher if the extension was not available.

Don