-=PCTechTalk=- Re: program for cookies

  • From: "Joyce" <jmcclure@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 19:30:01 -0500

There were 4 or 5 people who had problems of various kinds with the new
version of CleanUp.  One that was mentioned and I probably would never have
noticed if I hadn't read about it on the Forum.  CleanUp 4 removed an
index.dat file so that when one went to Startup, All Programs, accessories,
system tools, system information--you go something other than system
information.  One of the group sent me the file (or whatever) I needed and I
fixed it.  Stephen Gould suggested we use the options to exclude the
index.dat files so I did that and now I don't lose that function.  One
person lost jpegs and I think it was because they were identified as temp
files.  Another person lost some templates as CleanUp seemed to pick up the
templ.  Anyway there were sufficient problems that I became a little uneasy.
I never missed the Luna theme file (didn't even know it was there).  Guess I
began to wonder though how much stuff  I might be losing that I just did not
know about yet.
Having said all of that, I am still using CleanUp 4. and, as far as I know,
I am not having any more problems.  I purposely wait until the new versions
are out of Beta because I am not savvy enough to do Beta testing.
Joyce