-=PCTechTalk=- Re: pctechtalk Digest V5 #168

  • From: "Tech Rose - LoveBytes" <TechRose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 20:54:22 -0700

Fry's is a pretty big store.  It is the largest electronics store in size in
Las Vegas.  It is much larger than any CompUSA or Best Buy I have ever been
in anywhere!
It is a chain that is mainly in California & Arizona.  The tech guy said
they are going to build another store here in town.

Fry's electronics also sells Refrigerators and washers & dryers, microwaves,
Big Screen TV's and sound systems as well as some small items like razors
and telephones, DVD's, CD's, game machines & software and assorted stuff.
but clearly, it is at least 50% floor space that is
computer/software/printer related. They have lots of computer software and
books too.

And they have a small coffee shop where you can get something to drink and a
pastry or sandwich or something to tide you over....Shopping is such hard
work!  tee hee!

They have great sales like my 20"widescreen monitors with 3000:1 contrast
ratio for $259.00. (No rebates)! This week they have tons of stuff on their
page, it you click at the top for the weekly specials, you will see a
Thermaltake TP 750w Modular Power Supply for $125.  I have also ordered
things on line there.

One of the funny things about how the computer acted was that it would NOT
go to the Fry's website!  It kept giving me an error message.  lol!  The
techs thought that was slightly humorous!

The computers are not made in the store here.  But, they are built for
Fry's.  I am not sure they build them themselves.

I would have asked for them to swap the computer out for another one except
they are out of them in the store.
This is a link to the on-line store.
http://shop2.outpost.com/product/5200527;jsessionid=m1OnreOXrwKpHw6MU8TZiA**.node3?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG
If that does not work, go to www.Frys.com and then in the search box enter
FM8445.  That is the model.

I am not thrilled about the time it has taken for them to get their head
out, but the important thing is..they are doing it.  They know me well
enough to know, I will not just go away.  It is easier to deal with me and
make me happy than to turn me away, as I will not give up!

It is funny, when I talk to people in other depts., they know who I am.
Staff stop and say hello and ask how I am doing...lol!  It is not bad to
have a reputation of being determined, but NOT abusive.  It is much easier
to give me what I want.....lol!

IF they do not have to reinstall windows, it will be probably the week after
Father's Day I get my computer.  IF they have to reinstall everything, it
may be a couple of days longer as I would have to bring the stuff to
them..(like the OEM Vista Ultimate).  With the security stuff with Windows,
I have to be concerned about the license being ok.  So I am not sure what
that will entail.  I of course will have the paperwork from the store to
prove it is the same machine, but a new motherboard.  We shall see.

I will be back... :)
Hugs,
Rose