-=PCTechTalk=- Re: networking?????

  • From: "Robert Andrew Dulaney Jr." <rdulaneyjr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 07:40:25 -0700 (PDT)

the basic answer is yes you can - and this will require a router - attach your
cable to the router and one to each computer - I believe you said you have
cable - anyway it is a VERY simple operation and you can both be on the net at
the same time.  Be sure to change the password in the router.
Lyn Scott <conrod@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:  Group,
No 1 son wants to know the following...............
we have two computers in the office and he wants to know if both can be joined
so they are both able to use the internet.......at different times of course.

Is this networking??............ sorry to be so thick but I'm in a new area
here. I'm one of those old chooks that , once I have grasped the concept it's
onward and upward. Up until that time it's all...what if I muck things up?
I still haven't got the cable to shift things to the new pc yet and he asks me
something like that!

If nothing else is achieved at least son Michael is actually starting to take
an interest in things re the pc.

Lyn