-=PCTechTalk=- Re: need some help.

  • From: Rita Harper <rharper2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 17:01:26 -0500

Thank You to those who said I could leave my card in and still use
dialup.  I'm not so sure that is a good idea.  I wonder if these two
things are connected?.
I had my card in my computer, and I was dialed into the the internet.
My friend sent me an instant message, and all of a sudden, my screen
went blank and I got a very serious error message.  It said that if I
had never gotten the error message I should shut my computer down
immediately.  If I had gotten the message before, I was to follow steps
1,2,3, etc.....
I had never gotten that message before, so I shut down and took the card
out, and started the computer again.  Everything came up, and I dialed
up again, and it seems to be working fine.  Has anyone had this
experience?  Do you think these things are related?  I don't really want
to blow the machine up, lol,, so I think I will just do one thing at a
time.  Thanks for your help....
Rita