-=PCTechTalk=- Re: need some help.

  • From: ~OoO~ <SirTroth@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Rita Harper <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 23:09:08 -0500

Could the crash have something to do with that? Sure. In computing, anything is
possible. But, that's not saying it was because the two shouldn't exist. Using
your dial-up while the wireless is active and enabled shouldn't cause the
system to crash. If anything, its possible to confuse the system, maybe, and
you might not get an internet connection. But, crashing is not normal. Most
likely the system crashed due to something completely unrelated. Sometimes
you'll get a heavy crash, and then after a restart will never see it again.

On that note, if it really concerns you, it is not necessary to remove the
card. You can go into your NETWORK CONNECTIONS, right-click on the wireless
device in question, and DISABLE it. YOU can later enable it in the same way
when you're back home.

= SirTroth
= ICQ: 1717439
= AIM/AOL: SirTrothX