-=PCTechTalk=- Re: got a problem with AVG--false reading?

  • From: "Cris" <cris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 22:02:30 -0400

what site are the files from?
just curious!
Cris
----- Original Message -----
From: milady
To: pctecktalk
Sent: Thursday, June 16, 2005 2:28 PM
Subject: -=PCTechTalk=- got a problem with AVG--false
reading?

I am getting trojan read on a bunch of files I downloaded
from a
site--tutorials. I don't hear anyone esle complaining about
problems with
those same files so I am wondering if AVG is giving a false
positive. It
does read for trojans so it says BUT??? It's reading
PSW.Banker.ASO on ALL
downloaded .exe no matter where they come from..which seems
a little
ODD?...I am going to try an online Trojan scan.  Any one got
any other
ideas???I think something weird is goin on here besides a
trojan... I did a
panda online scan and nothing showed. but I would LIKE to
try several scans
that up to date for Trojans..see if more than one catches
this.. if it
doesn't then I begin to wonder..